Friday, July 08, 2005

Three Phenomenon of Modern Medicine

Phenomenon 1:
Since the discovery of the Sabin vaccine (Vaccine for Polio Disease) in the 1960s, there has not been another chronic disease cured for more than forty years.

Phenomenon 2:
With the exceptions of trauma and infectious disease, most chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, uremia, and lupus erythematosus can only be controlled by medication but not fully cured.

Phenomenon 3:
For years there are many announcements of significant advancements in search for cure of chronic diseases. However, many of those announcements only signify that one day in the near or distant future, humanity will find a cure for such chronic diseases. Never once in the past forty plus years has there been a clear cure for a chronic disease discovered and published by modern medicine. After all these years, not a single chronic disease has been cured.

From viewing the above 3 phenomenon, one can see that it seems our modern medicine has been in the state of stand-still in the field of chronic disease for several decades. The search for the cure may not be as simple as finding a certain medicine that will miraculously cure the disease. There exists the possibility that the direction of path that modern medicine is taking towards the cure of chronic disease is an erroneous one.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger =Zenith= said...

Hello,
Is there an English version of you father's book? A friend of mine e-mailed me some of the pictures and diagrams from some pages, and as she described your father's points, it sounded like I really needed to read it.
One thing that troubles me is that 2 years ago, I had a very large tumor removed from my liver. Even though I'm doing fine right now, my doctor in the US said that I had to sign a paper before he could operate, stating that I must allow them to remove my Gall Bladder as their standard procedure for liver operations. Is there any hope for me in reference to your father's practice?
My doctor told me that 80% of all surgery that comes close to the Gall Bladder causes it to get inflamed. And when it becomes inflamed, he explained, there is no cure but to remove it. So to avoid having to re-open a patient just to go back in and take out the Gall Bladder, now, for security, they include removal of it in any neighboring operation. It sounds crazy, I know. Western medicine has a long way to go.
Fortunately, I'm doing okay now, but I seem to have all the symptoms of "insufficient blood" as my friend described to me. In fact, I had all those symptoms long before the operation, even since I was a teenager. I'm 40 now. I hope that there's still something I can do. If not, oh well.
Please let me know if there's any English printed copies, and how I can buy it. Currently I'm in Taipei, Taiwan.
Thanks!
=Zenith=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home